CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

...inspirations

Kurt Halsey is probably my favorite artist of all time. I really like his use of text and the subjects he portrays in his artworks.

In my senior year of high school I did an independent series based on human disfunction and substance abuse. I think it's really important to invoke thought and emotion in artwork and to let people know how I feel about issues I feel strongly about.

Lately I've really had no time to do any serious artwork, so I've just been doodling in notebooks. I think it's really interesting how so many people, even those that don't enjoy art, are always doodling at random in class or at work. I like the disorganization of them and the free sketching that can be inspired from any random thought that crosses your mind.

I really like pin-up girls and old school tattoo images like koi fish, anchors, pirate ships, etc.

Sorry some of these images have gray around them, I didn't really know how to resize them correctly.

0 comments: